Waialae Beach Park
With few people around and located only 15 minutes from Waikiki, Waialae Beach Park is excellent for those classic Hawaii palm tree beach shots. It's both a romantic location for couples and also fun for families. It connects to the Kahala Hotel Resort beach as well. The Waialae Beach Park is one of my favorite locations and popular with many clients. Parking can occasionally be limited as the parking lot is on the small side, so arrive early. Be aware that we simply park at the Park and then walk down the beach about two blocks to where we have the session.
This location is excellent for morning and sunset sessions
- but there is no direct view of the setting sun except in winter.
- Close to Waikiki, 15 minutes by car
- Restroom & rinse showers at the park
- Palm trees with green grass
- Multiple different backgrounds
- Small island just off shore with palm trees
- Aqua/blue water
- Fewer people around
- Family safe
- No wave action at all
- Coarse sand beach with pebbles - not a pure sand beach
- Can be a bit windy sometimes
- No direct views of the sunset except in winter
Waialae Beach Park (along with Magic Island) is the location I recommend to people who are staying in Waikiki and didn't rent a car or don't want to go far. It will give you those gorgeous Hawaii photos without the hordes of tourists in the background and it's a short, inexpensive Uber ride from all Waikiki resorts.
Morning/Day Photo Sessions
The following photo gallery consists only of images taken at Waialae Beach Park during morning/day sessions. Morning sessions here typically start at 8:30am - 9am.
The following photo gallery consists only of images taken at Waialae Beach Park during late afternoon/evening/sunset sessions. Evening sessions here typically start around 4 - 5pm, depending on the time of year.